Monday, March 7, 2011

Welcome to my humble home!

Today is my special day. The Kaye Way is today's featured SITS blog!

A while ago I signed up with a lovely website called The Secret Is In The Sauce where we girl bloggers connect, hang out and support each other's hard blogging work. And some days it can be hard work so this site is a service that is very necessary. Especially when you start to question why the hell you've committed to blogging every damn day.

Anyway, sorry for the repeat for those of you who've been hanging with me since 2006 but I feel I have to introduce myself to my new best friends.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Karen, a 42 year old Black woman, married to Scott.We have 3 kids (Elliott, Audrey and Henry). We live in suburban Ottawa, Ontario Canada and I love shoes, shopping in general, dragonboating and television. I hate campingMy mum passed away years ago (some days it feels like yesterday) and my dad has since remarried.

When I first started blogging I really thought I was doing it just for myself and a few friends. Little did I know that I'd get tens (seriously tens, people) of readers in different countries and I can't unring the "oversharing" bell. And just so you know, even though I am a mother, The Kaye Way isn't really a mommy blog. It's more of a "me-me" blog with some family stuff thrown in for colour and/or comedy. I was always told to "write what you know" and who do I know better than myself and my very special brand of crazy?

Please feel free to wander around my blog. I tried to clean up a little but some posts are so old that links may be broken and some photos may be gone. Much as I'm thrilled that you're all here, I couldn't possibly figuratively clean under every piece of furniture. You'll find a lot of dust under the rugs. If you do find something amiss, please feel free to let me know and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

So welcome new SITStahs! Have fun and play nice. I'm not trying to save the world with this blog, it's pretty much just cheap therapy. And if something makes you smile along the way, consider yourself lucky because while you're at it you can check your teeth for spinach.

kxx

Post a Comment