Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Has this ever happened to you?

This is incredibly strange for me. I have no recollection of this event in the slightest but there it is in "black and white". Me and Scott and baby Elliott. I can only guess that I was just so exhausted in the first few months of Elliott's life (I had mild postpartum) that my brain just performed a massive memory dump. Scary thing is, what else have I forgotten like this?

The story is that I was doing some research on Coronation Street parties (called "pings" or "pingfests") because I'm planning on setting up one of my own in the next few months. So I'm browsing around the internet and find a website with loads of photos from Canadian pings. I click on a file from Ottawa and find this:


WHAT?!

I've wracked my brains for days, straining to remember this. I love Coronation Street and anything related to it and I'm sure would have remembered going to an event like this, wouldn't I? Well, apparently not. I don't know where or when this was taken and I don't recall any of those people. Last week I would have sworn to you up and down that I'd never ever been to a ping. It's like a Twilight Zone episode or the end of The Shining when Jack's face shows up in the party photo from the '20s. It gives me chills to look at it.

Does this happen to people or is it just me?

kxx

1 comment:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

...tee hee - well what exactly were you inbibing in?