Friday, March 19, 2010

You won...


A NEW CAR!!

Okay, not so much you but us. And not so much win but bought. Also, kinda not new but "new to us". But there's a late model car in our driveway and we can drive it so the statement is sort of valid.

It's a 2007 Ford Freestar SEL and it's pretty sweet. Anything is better than the rusted turn-of-the-millennium, quarter of a million kilometres driven hulk of a minivan I was driving just the day before. I didn't want to post about the shopping process because it's tedious and frankly, I threw my hands up after contending with test drives and pushy salesmen and shopping at every car dealership within a 100km radius. Ugh.

But happy ending and all that and yesterday was my first drive. Not counting driving the kids nuts by sitting in the laneway for 10 minutes, pressing every button and flipping every switch before we left. I've become quite proficient at flipping the windshield wipers. All I need now is a sudden downpour. We went to the store to buy toys for what the kids have started calling "The Shakemobile". New car smell freshener, seatback organiser and garbage. I even bought fuzzy dice. What can I say? I've never had a car this close to the current model year before.

kxx

No comments: