Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Break update

Let's see: Audrey has been bored at least 3 times a day since Monday and the boys have never met a first person shooter they didn't like. Now they're killing zombie Nazis. All 3 of them have spent at least 70% of the time inside although it has been the warmest, sunniest March Break week in the history of recorded time.

It doesn't help that I enjoy being indoors cooking and cleaning and don't notice they've been in the house all day until 5 o'clock in the afternoon.

We've been on walks, went to the Wild Bird Sanctuary and hockey games. Not too exciting but why am I the one who has to amuse them? They are 13, 11 and 10. Is it really my responsibility to occupy them? If left up to me, I'd have them cleaning. They really don't want me to find something to do.

When I was a kid, I was out riding bikes and roller skating all day with my brother and my friends and didn't come home until the street-lights came on. I know it's a different world out there but how can bikes, sidewalk chalk, bubble stuff, a treehouse, 2 feet, a couple of parks within a 2 minute walk, warm, sunny days, friends nearby and green grass equal "I'm bored"?

kxx


No comments: