Monday, June 12, 2006

What do you call the day after 2 rainy days in Ottawa?

Monday.

Dragonboat practice was particularly brutal this weekend. It was cold (about 10C) rainy and windy. By the end of practice we were all soaking wet and shivering. At least we had a blow-out in the practice race to keep us warm. We could barely even see the other teams when we turned around. Sweet.

Audrey got her ears pierced yesterday. Yup, my baby girl is growing up. She got her birthstone (alexandrite, a pretty light blue stone) as a pre-birthday gift. The actual day is this coming Saturday. I'm proud that I was there to witness her first piercing. Hopefully her last but I don't want to assume.

I do wonder about her future when it comes to tattoos and piercings. As someone with 3 tats myself, how can I say anything against them? I love them. I guess if she wants one I'll just have to go with her. Maybe even get another one myself at the same time? It sure is going to be an interesting time in our house. I'll have 3 teenagers. I'm going to have to learn how to self-medicate. I better enjoy them now while they're still "little".

Have a great day and I hope the sun is shining where you are!

kxx

No comments: