Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's my blog and I'll vent if I want to.

That's the good thing about having a blog that's not supported by ads or sponsors. I can talk about what I want, when I want. So there.

Today I want to bitch about my husband. He's a wonderful man and a loving father but he drives me crazy when it comes to waking up in the morning. The alarm clock is on my side of the bed, something that we've established years ago because he lets the clock ring and ring and it wakes me up. If it's on my side I can promptly switch it off and head back to sleep. Unfortunately he doesn't leave the bed right away. In my semi-conscious state, I realize he's going to be late and kick at him until he gets out. Of course, after all that punting keeps me awake. My alarm is set a full hour later than his so is it too much to ask him to get out of bed when the alarm goes off? I feel gypped of the hour of sleep that's owed to me. Owed.

Whew. I've gotten that off my chest. See, even though this blog makes no money and takes up a good chunk of my morning in the writing, it keeps my marriage from dissolving into a puddle of petty gripes and little resentments. And although the morning physical abuse helps (a lot), it does nothing for my psyche. So thanks for listening. You can now return to your regularly scheduled lives.

kxx

No comments: