Friday, July 9, 2010

Feeling better today



It's amazing what a little perspective will do. My mother used to say "God doesn't give you anything you can't handle" and amazingly, that's pretty comforting. We're just going to deal. I'm still too embarrassed to spill what's happened but needless to say, Elliott's a complete and utter moron.

So in order to keep my sanity and to disavow my growing view that either I raised a sociopath or I'm the worst mother in the world, I wonder if I could ask for your help. Can you give me one idiot teen story? Doesn't have to be your teen, it doesn't have to be long, it can even be a movie you saw. I just need to not feel so alone. You have the whole weekend to give me a funny story...

I really appreciate your help, guys. I'm just trying to have a nice weekend, here...

kxx

3 comments:

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Oy! I have enough teenage stories to tell I could create an entire one year long blog (at least) with daily stories of my teenage idiocy's.

I really don't know how I survived into adulthood. Or better yet, how my parents survived. Especially considering they were (and are) both prison guards. (not that I did anything that would warrant prison time)

I guess revenge will come in the form of my own children once they turn into teenagers. Help. Help me now!

kyooty said...

My Brother came home with 2 VERY black eyes after he had a bit of a underage bender, and chased some tires of a parked car with his teeth? better? I being a girl and the oldest was too smart for idiot teendom.

flask said...

i used to work at a summer music camp.

every year the camp director used to line up the kids and tell them "we understand that developmentally it's your job to test limits. we need you to understand that it's our job to keep you from doing anything stupid that will hurt you or get us sued. as long as we understand each other, we're going to get along fine."

it was an odd camp, with surprisingly few rules.

there was no curfew, which made it very funny the night we caught a girl trying to sneak out a back window "after hours".

why not the door? it was not against rules for her to be out of her room.

kids are funny that way.

this was our biggest rule: however you use your time is your business mostly. if you are not fresh and awake and adequately prepared for all your rehearsals and classes, the staff will develop a curfew and supervision plan especially for you.

the really weird side effect of this odd absence of restrictions was that the campers developed a traditional midnight cheesecake baking competition.

do not ask me why otherwise normal teenagers would show up to camp with springform pans, but they did.

i do not know what your kid did.

i hope that whatever it was it can be repaired or recovered from, and i like to think that whatever it was, since he's you kid, maybe he tore it off with a little style.