Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not your typical NYE post

I want to tell you about my Christmas gifts. I got 2 things on my list and a couple of pleasant surprises. All of these were from Scott.

From my list:
That necklace I wanted with the moon phase on the day I was born. If I had opened this one first, Christmas would have been over. I absolutely love it. I'm wearing it now.

A rice cooker. The one I had before was way too big. I'd make the minimum capacity and still have enough for the rest of the week. And the kids hate leftovers. This one is a cute little Cuisinart and makes exactly 5 cups of rice at a time. Perfect.

Off list:
A DVD recorder!? This was not at all was I was expecting! I'm delighted by it. It "tapes" right onto a hard drive so it does all the things that my horrible clunky 20th century vcr couldn't. I can tape something and watch the tv, tape while watching the beginning of the same show, it'll tape while it's on or off as long as the show is on timer... Best. Gift. Ever.

Surprise!:
A knitting bag.  Scott saw me knitting crappy, ill-fitting slippers in the weeks running up to Christmas. I never even gave them to my intended victims since they were so awful. My previous knitting bag was an old purse that, frankly, suited me just fine. I'm just not good at knitting. I pick it up only once or twice a year after I've forgotten exactly how much I dislike it. I can only knit scarves and the occasional slipper since I only know 2 stitches: knit and purl. I can't increase, decrease or do anything fancy. I drop stitches and generally make an absolute mess of whatever I try. Maybe it'll give me some incentive to do better.

Hope your Christmas was as fun as mine was. See you in the new year!

kxx

1 comment:

BigSugar said...

I scored a Beatles Monopoly game and the iPod Touch! Ohhh, plus assorted chocolate Flakes (you know the English chocolate Flake? These are mini- treats in a square box).