Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Boy, you look great in those genes

I was at Costco on the weekend and the little girl behind the checkout complimented my skin. She was about 18 and was a bit pimply but very cute as only an 18 year old can be. She stared at me a bit before saying that my skin was "amazing and smooth". My usual comeback is "it's makeup", but then go on to thank the complimenter going on to say that I've been lucky because I didn't have pimples and blemishes when I was a teen. I did this as always. I know how to take a compliment.

Having nice skin is a blessing. It can make the oddest looking person look terrific. I thank my lucky stars (and my parents) every time I get noticed for it. My skin, in fact, is the thing I get complimented most on. That and the fact that I can say without hyperbole that I look about 5 years younger than my 41 years. Works for me. Yippee. As my daddy always says, "Black don't crack." For those of you unschooled in Ebonics, this is a reference to the fact that we Blacks as a people have very high melanin in our skin thus making it difficult for wrinkles to take hold. Hee.

So what is my skincare regime? Why I'll tell you. In the morning I wash it with Clean and Clear Morning Burst soap then slather it with Garnier Shine Control Moisturiser. At night I wash the makeup off with Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser. That's it. Sorry. Like I said, good genes.

kxx

No comments: