Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Xmas gift questions

1. If you don't get what you asked for do you buy it for yourself at a later date?

2. Would you exchange a gift a loved one bought you for a nicer/bigger/better version? I just read a PostSecret secret where a woman exchanged her diamond ring and her fiance didn't even notice. Would your loved one notice? Would he/she care?

3. Do you think a gift certificate is a sucky gift?


My answers:

1. Let's face it, we're all adults here. If the gift is priced within reason just not a priority then I would go ahead and buy it. For instance I have a little necklace on my list and if Scott doesn't get it for me, I'll get it myself. I don't think he'd be insulted.

2. I wouldn't exchange a gift that was bought for me. Not because of any misguided sense of loyalty to the giver but because I'm too lazy. I once bought a family sized block of cheddar cheese that I noticed was mouldy when I got home. And not in the good way. I never brought it back so I was out $8.

3. I think a gift certificate is the perfect gift. It's never the wrong size or colour.

kxx

No comments: