Tuesday, December 23, 2008

You know, wrapping paper ranks right up there with toilet paper and garbage bags

How, you may ask?

Because you pretty much buy these things just to throw them away. It makes me nuts to spend any kind of money on them. Which is why you don't want to wipe yourself at my house. Pretty scratchy. Or pick up my garbage 'cause your fingers will go through the bag when you pick it up. Yup, we're that family.

Buying something only to destroy it makes me nuts. But do you know what makes me more nuts? People who delicately pick open gifts to save the paper. Really? Um, you really don't want to save the crap paper I used. Rip away. And don't get me started about those gift bags. What a lazy cop-out.

I don't know how many times I've wrapped gifts in newspaper. The comics page is colourful and fun. And really cheap. And tear-able. I've even been known to wrap things in cloth. What is it about wrapping paper? One of my many pet peeves that make me the incredible specimen of weirdness you see before you.

No go on and leave me alone. I've still got gifts to wrap.

kxx

1 comment:

BigSugar said...

Dear Incredible Specimen of Weirdness,
Ooooh I soooo know what to send you next year, I've always wanted to gift wrap some gift wrapping paper, just a pointless joke that tickles me funny lol. The irony is somewhat delicious no? And if I visit in 2009 I making a mental note to bring my own t.p. And yes, carefully peeling back the tape so they can save the paper is a head scratcher to me too (but gift bags are the best when you have those oddly shaped hexagonal draganoidly spheroid things that need to be gifted). Seriously though Karen, get the good t.p. - live a little!