Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ringtone follies

So I was on the bus a couple of weeks ago and my phone rang. An ordinary occurrence on a crowded bus but it was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. And I rarely get embarrassed. Why was it the case this time? Because I couldn't find my cell in the gaping black hole I call a purse and it was loudly, publicly and persistently proclaiming my love for High School Musical. It was vibrating and humiliatingly blaring "Together" from the first movie. Ugh.

I got home that night and scoured the internet for a cooler ringtone. One that shows how amazing I am. One that shows my individuality, my love of life, my youthful vigour, my flair for fun and fashion and my enjoyment of all things pop culture.

So what did I choose? What is the ringtone that embodies everything that is Karen? What sound is me?

I chose the sound of a medical tricorder from Star Trek. I know, I'm a complete and utter dork. Just don't call me between 9am and 3pm, 'kay?

kxx
PS: Live long and prosper.

No comments: