Friday, November 14, 2008

When she sits around the house, she site *around* the house...

I'm overweight. In fact, I'm just shy of obese. Don't believe me? Go here and punch in these numbers (height 5'3, weight 165). I'll wait....... See?


Now I know that I could stand to lose a few pounds. I'm not disputing that. But obese? Please. I wear size 10 pants. I can still shop at "normal" stores and not have to go to the plus places. Yet. But that's neither here nor there.


I heard that insurance companies may soon start to use these things to see if you qualify. Yikes!


What if they just use that chart? What if they don't hear about the triathlon you did and came in 12th place? Or the dragonboat competitions where you won 2 medals? Or that marathon you did? Or something. So unfair. And frankly, terrifying.



kxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my hell...you are totally PERFECT! Silly charts.

Leslie said...

You are not alone, but I would venture to say that you're 100% more fit than myself :)