Wednesday, November 19, 2008

20 years with the same guy? Is that good or bad?

Just this past September Scott and I celebrated 20 years together. We got married in 1993 but we met in 1988 when I was 21 and he was 26. What's the secret to our longevity? What makes us last so long?

I dunno. Ummm... a mutual love of talk radio? Nah, I hate talk radio.

Seriously, I couldn't put my finger on it if I tried. I love the guy and he loves me and I trust that. We laugh. A lot. And I call him names. "Dork" is my particular fave. Beyond that, luck has a scary amount to do with it. It's horrifying, really.

So there you are boys and girls. The secret of one happy couple's long life together. Love, laughing and lotsa luck. Yeah, have fun re-creating that.

kxx

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Congrats Karen! Yes, there is a bit of luck in there I'm sure... but its more than that. Relationships are work and a very big part of that is communication. I'm sure you are better off than many if you can actually even converse still :)