Saturday, November 3, 2007

Can I get a "Woot"?

There is no more Halloween candy at my house today.

I instituted a new rule here at the Kaye household after Halloween. After previous years of hiding the candy and doling it out 3 pieces at a time after lunch and dinner and having to deal with the "can I have some candy?" question 72 times a day (times 3), things had to change. This year we had a new all-the-candy-you-can-eat-and-stop-asking-me-permission rule. Believe it or not it worked like a charm.

There were a scant few rules: No candy before noon or between 5 and 6pm. And no candy from 7:30 until bed. That's it. Still, my halloweenies devoured the candy in record time and as of yesterday afternoon I don't have to worry about finding new and devious hiding places or putting Halloween candy in Christmas stockings. I also don't have to worry about eating the junk myself and falling into a food induced shame spiral. I'm free!

kxx

No comments: