Thursday, November 1, 2007

Aaaahhhh...

I'm blissfully alone in my own home. Seriously, this is my idea of heaven. I just took 3 layers of cake out of the oven and I'm listening to the radio. To 2 radios actually. There's one on in the kitchen and one on in the livingroom. Same station of course. I'm not schizophrenic. Entirely.

I have a dentist appontment at 11:20. YAY. Instead of going to work for an hour before and an hour after, I decided to take the opportunity to bake a cake I have to bring to a party on Saturday.

This is the most ambitious thing I've ever created. It'll be 3 layers of white cake with blueberry jam filling and fondant icing decorated with coloured fondant hearts around it. If I screw this one up, I've got time to buy a generic icecream cake and pass it off as my own. I so don't want to screw it up, though. I'm most worried about the fondant. I've never used it before and it can be fussy. Which is why I'm doing it today. No distractions. Wish me luck. You know I'll be taking a photo of it good or bad so look forward to that before the weekend.

kxx

No comments: