Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Holy Moly! Check out the info on Audrey's new teacher

He's new to the school and this was in the newsletter he gave out yesterday:

"A Few Words About Me:
I'm new to École Lakeview. I moved to Ottawa this summer from Calgary. I am originally from Southern Ontario (Elmira) and decided to come back to Ontario because I missed my family while living in the West. This is my fifth year as a French Immersion Elementary teacher.

I studied Mathematics, Social Development and French in University. Prior to becoming a teacher I worked in the field of Social Work. I also spent 3 years working as a full-time writer and published two books on beautiful Algonquin Park. I continue to write and publish short stories based upon my travels. I am an Anglophone who learned French as an adult. I am absolutely passionate about the French language and culture! I am so incredibly excited to be living and teaching here in Ottawa/Gatineau. I love to learn and never let myself get bored. I have traveled extensively though Southern and Eastern Africa, Canada, Alaska and the US. I am an outdoor enthusiast. This summer I hiked the West Coast Trail in BC, scrambled* in the Canadian Rockies and canoed in the Yukon and North West Territories**. I also enjoy Fine Art and playing my guitar***. I believe that each child learns differently. I find that my students' learning is optmised when I communicate closely with their parents.
I am looking forward to a great year!Wayne Van Sickle, B.Math., B.A., B.Ed."

* Scott and I had to google "scrambled". Apparently it's mountaineering and hiking mixed together

** Here Scott and I agreed that he's really single. What parent (or even married guy) does all this over one summer?

*** Who watches the Simpsons? Doesn't this guy remind you of Mr. Bergstrom the substitute teacher that Lisa fell in love with?

We only shook hands briefly at school yesterday and unfortunately he's also cute, young and nice so I'll be crushing on him as soon as we meet properly on parent/teacher night on the 19th. I'll keep you posted on the progression of my public humiliation as it happens.

kxx

No comments: