Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hello, my name is Karen and I'm an addict

I'm addicted to a game on pogo.com called "Word Whomp". I'm in fact playing it between sentences as I write this blog. If I have two minutes (2 minutes 30 seconds, actually), I'll try to whomp those groundhogs into submission.

Here's how you play:

Six groundhogs pop out of the ground each holding a letter. You click on them (they make a whomping sound like when you hit them with the foam hammer at the carnival game... very satisfying) and they pop out of another hole in the order you choose. Your goal is to try to make as many words as you can using three or more letters in 2:30. There is always a word using all the letters and that one gives lots of points. Don't ask me what the points are for. I have no clue. Anyway, it's very satisfying to get all the possible words (they're ticked off on a board at the top) because the groundhogs cheer, do a little flip and you get the "turnip bonus". Um, I know it sounds bizarre but I don't get a lot of acknowledgement during the day. But I do get a few groundhog backflips. So there. Well, gotta go. My groundhogs are waiting.

kxx

No comments: