Monday, April 3, 2006

Another happy Monday

Everyones off at school and I'm here on my tod again. I love Monday mornings.

It's cool and cloudy and I'm in a Cure kinda mood. I've got the "Singles" CD on. That band reminds me of such good times. I'll tell you about them eventually...

The time change was brutal this time around since I went to a party Saturday night and had to work Sunday morning. I was the DD so I only had 2 drinks but still, going to bed at 3am and having to wake up at 7am to work with kids is brutal. We only had 3 signed up anyway so it wasn't totally horrible. And my trusty helper Homa was there as always to keep me amused.

I was thinking about things like time changes and season changes and the weather changes and realizing how cool it is to live in this part of the world. There can be a difference of 20 degrees in 48 hours, the leaves in the fall are completely gorgeous, the summers are sweltering, the winters are freezing, the snow piles up and the thunderstorms are scary. In the summer you put the kids to bed at 9pm in the blazing sunshine and in the winter you come home from work in pitch blackness at 5pm. It's weird but its interesting. As much as I complain about the weather, it must be boring to live in a place where its nice all the time. What else can you talk about with total strangers in line at the bank?

Enjoy your day.

kxx

No comments: