Friday, April 7, 2006

Aaaaargh! Writers block

So the way this blog thing works for me is that I sit here in my dining room for a few minutes and something pops into my head and I write about it. Sometimes I know what I'm going to talk about as soon as I wake up like the dream thing yesterday. Quite often something will come to me in the shower since its the only times of the day that I'm simultaneously warm, happy, alone and quiet.

But today I sat in front of the computer for an hour and nothing has come up. I've checked my emails, I voted for Sean to win the MuchMusic VJ Search, I've visited the 2 bulletin boards I frequent and still nothing.

Maybe I'll try a stream-of consciousness thing. Umm, the radios on the alternative station and they're playing the Foo Fighters "No Way Back". I like the Foos. Dave Grohl's super hot...

My feet and hands are freezing even though I'm wearing shoes and socks and its 22 degrees in here...

Huh. Now they're playing my profile song. Cool. "You have Killed Me" by Morrissey, lover of baby seals and hater of Canada. Love the man and his music but he's being an idiot. Remind me to change my profile song...

As much as I like to think I'm cool for a 38 year old woman, I can be totally clueless. Only a few months ago I realized I can text message with my cell phone. I got one with no bells and whistles so I just assumed it didn't have the technology. D'uh. Aaahhh, the joy of text.

Woo. I love this station. Now Depeche Mode "Suffer Well". They're a good profile choice...
We were out of my favourite cereal this morning so I had to have toast. Hmph. I'm a creature of habit and that didn't sit well with me at all. My whole day will be off. Watch...

Well, I should go. I've got a pile of laundry and a layer of dust to tackle today. Not to mention that the kids are out of cookies. I should actually start the buying damn things again, shouldn't I? It'll give me more time to, I dunno, blog maybe?

Have a good weekend, guys!

kxx

No comments: