Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Queen E!

April 21, 2006 - Friday

I love England. I love everything about it. I love the accents, the driving on the wrong side of the road, the oldness of it, you name it. I've spent my favourite holidays there and my best friend Kathy lives there with her husband (and co-incidentally my British cousin) Francis. Love it.

So today our Sovereign turns 80. She's been celebrating all week with lots of pomp and pressing of the flesh. There's even a new set of stamps out with her looking so pretty. I'd give anything to meet her in person. The whole monarchy thing in general is so neat. Lots of countries in the Commonwealth think the monarchy is too old fashioned and would like to get rid of it. I say what does it hurt? It keeps us in touch with our past and our roots and there's nothing wrong with that. Besides, being in the Commonwealth gives Canadians to royally kick ass at the Commonwealth Games where we always win a bunch of medals. Ha.

So happy birthday to you, Your Highness. I hope it rocks. And if you ever need anything, you know where to find me. I'll be right over. Wow. Could you imagine?

kxx

No comments: