Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Things that make me sigh


Okay, it's actually one thing right now. I'm in love. I'm obsessed. I can't sleep without dreaming of them. I can't get dressed without coveting them. So it looks like I'm going to hell for breaking the 10th commandment. I want these so much I can taste them. Christian Louboutin shoes.
I've seen them on eBay for nearly $1000. I know that's a ridiculous amount of money. I'm not a moron. I know there are starving children in Africa. I'm not totally insensitive. Only a little bit. Everyone has something in life they want like mad but will never have. A million dollars, the cute blonde in the next cubicle, an Xbox 360. For me it's these sexy shoes. Something about the black leather ones with the signature red sole that just makes me crazy.


With most designer shoes you have to take them off to know how much you spent on them. You have to see the signature inside. With my Louboutins you'll just have to check me out as I walk away. Now that's a visible signature. Not that it's a huge endorsement but Oprah wears them. And Sunday night I was watching Studio 60 and one of the characters was at her doctor's office. As she put on the attractive paper gown, another character took her clothes away. Wait. What was that flash? Her boots. Her beautiful black suede boots had red soles. Louboutins. The rest of the show was a blur.


So keep your Jimmy Choos, Carrie Bradshaw. I'll take my Louboutins. And if I have to have them while my kids wear Value Village clothing and we're eating ramen/ground beef casserole, I'm okay with that. But I will have these shoes before I die. Believe it.


kxx