Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I can't believe I forgot this!

A couple of days ago I listed my favourite Christmas tunes. How could I have forgotten Bob and Doug Mackenzie's 12 Days of Christmas? A hilarious Canadian Christmas classic. Moving on...

Tonight is shopping day 2. I went out yesterday and did about one third of my list. This is the night I go with my friend Lisa. She and I met many moons ago in Montreal, did drama together and now live in Ottawa together. Well not together. You know what I mean. This is our yearly shopping jaunt and I can't wait. I hope to get the second third of my list done. The third third (I love what I'm doing here) I have to do all over town at the stores that aren't in Malls like the Workdude supply store and Toys R Us. Then I'll be mercifully all done.

I only wish I could get the wrapping done as efficiently. I tend to save it all until Christmas Eve and regretting it every second. I run out of tape, tags and wrapping paper and end up wrapping Scott's gifts with a glue stick, a Sharpie and a copy of the Sunday paper. Humbug. And of course I'm even more cranky because it's now 3:30am, the kids will be awake in mere moments and I haven't slept a wink unless you count crashing in front of Miracle on 34th Street. Ah yes, another glorious holiday tradition...

kxx