Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Two entirely unrelated topics today

I wanted to give a shout-out to extra strength Easy Off oven cleaner. If you can get past the noxious fumes and the fact that I needed an entire bottle to clean the 8 years (yes, you read that right) of oven crud, it's the best thing since sliced bread. Only don't cook too soon after you use it. Your oven will smoke. But honest to God, I've never in my life seen the oven at #29 look so fantastic. I can tell I'm going to be a freak about keeping it that way.

Topic number 2: I applied for a job this afternoon. It's at a consignment shop so the hours are super flexible. They have to be because I can't work when the kids are off school and only between 9:30am and 2pm because I have to drop off and pick up said kids. They seemed okay with that. And why not? When I went there to drop off my swiss cheese-like resumé (I haven't had a proper job since before the turn of the century) there must have been over 500 plastic garbage bags full of kids' clothes to sort through. If I get this job, I'll be able to come and go as I please. Which is definitely a plus to any job I'd enjoy. So wish me luck. Well, I think I want luck, anyway... frankly I'm still on the fence about this whole job outside the home thing.

kxx

No comments: