Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sad news

Okay, more for me than for you. I went to the dentist this morning and I have 2 cavities. And 3 old ones need to be replaced. I hate going. I had to put off making the final appointment.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm terrified of the dentist. I go to a special woman in town who sedates me for almost everything. I can get through a cleaning (although the scraping freaks me out) but when it comes to anything involving a needle? All bets are off. I'm okay with watching operations on tv and even donating blood but anything to do needles or scalpels to eyes or mouths is off limits. And you need a needle for cavities. Wah.

The good thing is that I'll have some of my old silver (now black) fillings replaced with tooth coloured ones. I'm fed up with laughing and my kids asking why my teeth are rotten. Those fillings are older than both my babysitters put together. Unfortunately the dentist is only redoing 3 cavities. Out of 12. What can I say? The 70s were a renaissance for my candy discovery. Wax Lips, Pixie Stix, Pop Rocks, Sip Sacs to drink (remember those from Perrettes fellow Quebeckers?)... I was weak.

If I ask, my dentist would actually give me an IV in order to fill my cavities, but pride (and price) made me go for "just" the laughing gas. Besides, to coin a phrase, it's a gas. It makes you feel super loopy. You should try it. Awesome stuff. Huh. Maybe I should make that appointment. And the sooner the better. There's nothing like being high as a kite in the middle of the day. Well, gotta fly. I've got an appointment to book.

kxx

No comments: