Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Congratulations Auntie Shelley and Uncle Phil!

My sister- and brother-in-law's apple orchard Mountain Orchards has recently been named "Best Orchard" in the Ottawa Valley. How's that for connections? We were there a few weeks ago and we really enjoy it when we go. In fact I still have a ton of apples from the last trip.

Mountain Orchards has a corn maze, a place where kids can roll around in the straw, a wagon ride to the orchard itself to pick your own apples, a really nice playground, fresh pressed cider, jams, jellies, syrups in the store and apple cider doughnuts made hot on demand and coated with cinnamon sugar. Kill me now. So great.

I love Shelley and Phil so much and I'm so proud of them. People had to email the tv station to vote for them and apparently they won by a landslide. And deservedly so. So if you want to go, time is short. The seasons ends on Thanksgiving Weekend. And if you see Shelley, tell her she owes me five bucks. She knows why.

kxx

PS: Sorry for the quality of the video. I used a digital camera to tape a vhs copy from the tv. And the reception was bad. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: