Friday, February 10, 2006

Latest. Blog. Ever.

I'm usually really good about writing this thing in the morning but today the kids were off school and I had some errands to run. The kids and I went on a "field trip" to the Mall to pick up some things for Scott's Valentine's gift. I won't go into it anymore in case he reads this. I'm absolutely positive he doesn't, though, but it may get back to him so I'm keeping schtum. For now. Know I'll be bleating incessantly about it next week.

Then I got caught up in the Olympics coverage. How FUN! Seeing all these young kids all pink-cheeked and happy, proud to represent their countries. Sigh. it makes me wish I was Olympic good at something. Unfortunately eBay shopping isn't an event. Yet.

Anyway, they did one of those cool things where hundreds of people formed a ski jumper, moving just like he would in real life. So cool! And the athletes came in to disco. Fun! Then there are the Olympic trivia nuggets. I'm a trivia fiend and the Olympics have tons for me to soak up. Like the fact that Ethiopia has a "team" of one lone skier. Like "grandma luge" who is 52 and throws herself down an icy toboggan run for the glory of the Virgin Islands. And of course there's the invincible Canadian hockey and curling teams. HOW COOL IS THIS STUFF! You can't make any of this up. It's the ultimate in reality tv.

So I'll be glued to the tv for the next 2 weeks, loving every minute of the happiness and heartbreak. But of course I'll try to get the blog posted by noon. Life must go on.

kxx

No comments: