Thursday, February 2, 2006

I love those internet "get to know you" things

I hate hate HATE internet forwards and jokes. As soon as I see "fwd" in an email subject line, I delete it. Stupid virtual snowball fights, baby kisses, cats playing guitars, the phone will ring, this image will pop up nonsense. YUCK!

But as much as I hate that other stuff, I love those "get to know you" quizzes. I think it's a symptom of my vanity and a love of talking about myself to anyone who'll listen. Now don't get me wrong, I won't fill them out and forward them to my whole address book. I like to do unto others. But I will fill them out and keep them for myself or post them on other bulletin boards I visit. Now when I get them I can post them here. Here's the first one. Of many.

Two Things:

Two Names You Go By
1. Karen
2. Mummy

Two Parts of Your Heritage
1. Black
2. Believe it or not I have a White great-grandfather

Two Things That Scare You
1. Moths (can I admit I almost had a panic attack just googling them?)
2. Camping

Two of Your Everyday Essentials
1. Internet
2. television

Two things that you are wearing right now
1. workout clothes
2. 3 rings

Two of Your Favorite Bands or Musical Artists (at the moment)
1. Black Eyed Peas (except "My Humps")
2. Foo Fighters (okay, Dave Grohl)

Two Things You Want in a Relationship
1. humour
2. flexibility

Two Truths about you
1. I'm vain
2. I prefer being indoors

Two Physical Things that Appeal to You About the Opposite Sex
1. good teeth
2. groomed feet

Two of Your Favorite Hobbies
1. Computer
2. watching tv

Two Things You Want Really Badly
1. more money
2. to be a permanent stay-at-home-mum

Two Places You Want to go on Vacation
1. Prague
2. Hawaii

Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die
1. act again
2. become friends with someone famous

Two Things You Are Thinking About Now
1. getting the kids off to school
2. I need to use the bathroom

Two Stores You Shop At
1. Payless shoes
2. Smart Set

Two people you haven't talked to in awhile
1. Paula
2. my brother Mike

Two of the websites you visit a lot
1. my June 98 playgroup
2. Breast Health Online

Two cars you want
1. a Smart car
2. a Mini Cooper

Two pets you had/have
1. Taz (have)
2. Endora (had)

Two Favorite Sports (to play/watch)
1. figure skating
2. hockey (go Sens go!)

Two things you did last night
1. watch tv
2. sleep

Two shows you like to watch currently
1. Coronation Street
2. Dead Like Me (I love the repeats)

kxx

No comments: