Friday, September 26, 2008

Now playing 10 in a row!

Do radio stations like that bother anyone else?

I hate when they have a huge block of songs because invariably they play something I don't know or like a lot but don't come back soon enough (or ever) to tell me what it is. Arrgh.

Some radio stations in town have some kind of digital info coming down the wire so you can press a button and the song and artist comes up. But I only have this technology in the car. You should see me risk life and limb pressing that damned info button to scroll through the station id, headlines, weather and "coming up next" song to get to the one that's playing. Again I say arrgh.

I've taken to noting the station and time then going online to the station's website to find out that way. Well, that's not a pain in the ass.

This is why I love morning radio. They should run that format all day. The djs rarely play more than 2 songs in a row and identify them both before and after. Ahhh. It's got the perfect blend of chatter and music. Not all talk and musical snippets like CBC (arrgh... why would you play a piece of a song???). Nope, I prefer light banter, jokes, pop culture nuggets, contests, trivia, news and weather broken up by a bit of identified music. Just like my life. Is that too much to ask?

kxx

No comments: