Friday, February 15, 2008

Holy cupcakes!



I've become manic about about it. I can't seem to stop making them. Monday I went to the bookstore to buy Audrey the Spiderwick Chronicles and I couldn't help but walk by the baking section. I saw a picture of a cupcake and I was gone. They were so pretty and so easy that I read the book for longer than I should have then couldn't leave it in the store. I took the beauty home and read it cover to cover, falling in love more and more every step of the way. I had to make these creations.

Fortunately I had a birthday party at my work and Scott had a staff meeting so the first batch (the chocolate ones) was gone before I could shamelessly gorge myself. But the children were so sad that I gave them all away that I made another batch (the orange) just for them. I have so much fun making them, I wish they were diet. Oh well. There are worse things to obsess over. The book is called A Baker's Field Guide to Cupcakes. Yum.

kxx

No comments: