Monday, September 24, 2007

Get the frug out of here

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A good ad is like a little piece of candy from the Pot of Gold tray or a little shot of adrenaline. A good commerical can make you laugh or cry (sometimes both) in less time than it takes to make a sandwich. With Cheez Whiz. I've even been known to stop and play ads that look unfamiliar as I'm fast-forwarding through the dreck.

Lately I've been discovering music on ads. Did you know there are websites out there dedicated to helping you find elusive ad music? I'm so delighted by this. Because now instead of dancing while the ad is on and looking like a complete fool, I can download it and play it on my mp3. I discovered Bedouin Soundclash and The Snitches this way (thank you Zellers). Telus has good tunes too. Now I've discovered... wait for it.... The Kinks.

Yes, a little up and coming band with a 60s vibe that has me off my frugging couch every night. Yay Joe Fresh fashions. Seriously... I'd never heard this amazing song before and I had to search like crazy before I found it and where do you think? Right under my nose, here at MySpace. It's my new profile song and I love it more than cake right now.

Go listen. You'll love it. It's Monday. Trust me, you'll need the frugging break.

kxx

No comments: