Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This made me laugh

As a mother of a 5th grader myself, the concept of the gameshow "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?", is fascinating. Short answer? No. I'm humiliated to admit that Elliott's math is already past me and his English is right on the cusp of my knowledge. I mean parallelograms and trapezoids? Come on. Dangling modifiers? Yikes. Helping him with his homework I'm stumped half the time. And the cherry on the sundae? It's in french. Woo.

It's amazing the sheer volume of information you forget once you leave grade school. You tend to retain the basics... the alphabet, how to write, multiplying single digits in your head (quick! 7x7? See!) but the rest goes by the wayside. How many people need to remember the capitals of all the provinces and territories on a daily basis? Quick! The capital of Nunavut! I know you know it's Iqaluit.

Anyway, try to watch the show tonight. It's on at 9:30pm on FOX and is sure to be good for a laugh if not humble you down to your core. I missed it last night as I was gorging myself on all-you-can-eat Indian food. What's that? The population of India? Ummmm... lots? Thank God for Google.

kxx (1.1 billion)