Monday, February 12, 2007

I'd like to introduce you to the newest members of our happy home

Ladies and gentlemen I give you our 2 fish, Betty and Tiny Steve. They've lived all weekend and I thank goodness for that. Right now they're in simple bowls and I have serious doubts as to their longevity. If anyone has any tips to help us with that, feel free to post them.

What's with the names you ask? Here is the conversation that preceded their christenings:

Audrey: Mummy, what kind of fish do I have?
Me: A betta.
A: Okay, I'll call her Betty.
Me: Sounds logical. What about you, Henry? What'll be your goldfish's name?
Elliott: Maybe you should name it something to do with the sea.
Me: What about Jacques Cousteau?
Elliott, Audrey and Henry: WHO?
Me: Nevermind.
A: What about Nemo?
E: What's the name of that guy who just died?
The one who liked animals?
Me: Steve Irwin.
Henry: But my fish is too tiny to be a man.
Me: What about Tiny Steve?...
And thus the legend was born.

Hopefully they'll live out the month. I'm off to do an internet search to find out how to best take care of them. Happy Monday!

kxx