Thursday, February 8, 2007

"She never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

My boss Dianne said that last week and it had me in stitches. I've got no blog to go with it but I had to share with the class.

Talking about work, I mentioned once that I eat the kiwi skin and they made me feel like a mutant. A few years ago I realized that my family did me a disservice by never peeling the hairy fruit. As far as I knew we were normal. Then I get with "normal" people and see that I'm a total freak.

To me the skin is what makes a kiwi taste like a kiwi. It's got a very tart flavour and neat texture that counteracts the sweet squishiness of the fruit. Deeelish. But apparently I'm like a monkey that eats the banana, peel and all. Something to watch closely with curiousity and a little bit of revulsion. In all my travels outside the family, I've never met another human being who eats the kiwi skin. There's got to be another person out there somewhere. Please identify yourself and we can be monkey-freaks together.

kxx