Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool...

I hate April Fool's Day. I always preferred "poisson d'avril" which is what we did in Quebec. For that all we did was stick paper shaped fish on people's backs. No trauma, no pressure to think of elaborate tricks.

It's because I'm really lame about the "pranks" I pull. Once I switched the kids around in their beds. After giggling about it all night hoping for a hilariously confused morning, I woke up to everyone in their own beds. They'd woken up overnight and just gone back to their own rooms. Fail.

Once I plugged up the faucet planning to spray someone. When the bathroom tap was turned, Henry was already shirtless and I was the one who had to mop up the mess anyway. Good times.

Even when I played to my strengths and baked a cake that looked like a pile of spaghetti and meatballs, the kids wouldn't eat it because they didn't like the sauce (strawberry) on top. Ingrates.

Today I may try green eggs and ham but more likely we'll just have a regular dinner and forget the whole damn thing.

The video today is French guys, sorry. I couldn't resist... it's hilarious. Hey, that could be my prank to those of you who are anglophones! April Fools, you guys!

kxx

No comments: