Monday, April 18, 2011

So here's the deal...

I tried to swear off these questions, I really did but the royal wedding one came up and I just couldn't resist. Bear with me, tomorrow I'll tell you all about the origins of our family's cheery call of "Happy Great Day!" as we leave the house in the morning. But until then:


Questions:

1.  Caesar Salad or Garden Salad?

Caesar all the way. Especially when the dressing is made properly with egg and anchovies, bacon, real parm and croutons. Throw in chicken and I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.





2.  Will you be watching the Royal Wedding on April 29th?

Even though the coverage starts at 2am local time, I started planning this weeks ago. I'll have tons of tea, scones and clotted cream to keep me going. I watched Will's parents get married, I wailed through every minute of his mother's funeral and I'm so watching this live. And for those of you who say I can watch it any time and why do I have to wake up at such an ungodly hour in this day and age, I say to you: where's the fun in seeing it hours later?  Where are the bragging rights? Enjoy your sleep.



3.  Last thing you spent lots of money on?

Well, Scott made arrangements for me to go to London this summer but technically I didn't spend the money myself. Um... what does lots really mean? I spent more than I should have on groceries this weekend... do only frivolous things count? This is hard.



4.  Window seat or aisle seat?

I have got to be able to look out the window. There's nothing like watching the ocean and clouds go by. Of course if I'm in a business class pod, the window could be blacked out for all I care. All that's missing for a spa experience is a hot stone massage. Have you seen these things? Once you go pod, you're closer to God. I have to thank my good friend Al for the surprise upgrade that day a few years ago. I also hate him for giving me a taste and never being able to afford to travel that way again.





5.  Do you know your blood type?

O+. I used to give blood quite often but I had been turned away a lot lately for being borderline aenemic. It was becoming a pain in the ass to go all the way down there for nothing so I stopped.




kxx


Okay, I don't want to wait until tomorrow for the "happy great day" thing. It's too short for its own blog anyway. All it is is a mishearing by one of us (I forget who now) of "Have A Great Day". It's nice to hear as you run out the front door. Happy Great Day = Awesome!





2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love ceasar salad (must have chicken!), Definitely must have an aisle seat (afraid to fly!), and Uh-oh, I'm O +, but don't think I'm vain...maybe a little careless :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

1. LOVE real cesar salad w/chicken. actualy it's an addicition of mine.
2. Yes, it's on my DVR
3. foot doctor - fun huh?
4. first class and i don't care if it's aisle or window.
5. yes I do and apparently from this list I am vain and careless