Sunday, November 19, 2006

TomKat, Brangelina et al

I was thinking of TomKat after the wedding of the century (Umm. Ya.) and wondering about those ridiculous blended one-name thingies that star couples get. I heard it started in the soap opera chatroom world where people would talk about their favourite couples in those ridiculous terms. Okay, I shouldn't talk since I've referred to my favourite soap couple as "Zendall" on more than one occasion.

Who else is there besides TomKat and Brangelina? Bennifer, Vaughniston, Ashmi (for Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore)... The whole thing is "stipid". That's my blended word for stupid and insipid. I guess we media whores are just plain lazy. Or "plazy".

What if we did this in real life? Would a telephone caller looking for either Scott or me ask for Scaren? Would our property tax bill come addressed to Karott? Frankly I wish it would. It would prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that property taxes were not meant to be paid.

Well, I've blogged enough. Henry, Elliott and Audrey are asking me to play Monopoly with them. Or rather "Hellau" need my attention. Just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? Blech.

kxx

No comments: