Thursday, November 23, 2006

Oh my hell, my mother looks like a hooker


Scott and I went to see Borat on the weekend. No review here just suffice it to say that I should have worn Depends and waterproof mascara.


I'm not giving anything away when I say there's a prostitute in it. The moment she came on screen Scott and I gasped and started elbowing each other. Except for about 30 extra pounds and blonde hair, the actress was the spitting image of my mother. She's been gone since 1995 so seeing someone that looked so much like her was surreal. The fact that she was a hooker was hysterical. My mother would have loved it. It helped that her character was the kindest, sweetest person in the movie, too.


On the left is Luenell, on the right is my mum Mabel (30 years ago as evinced by the 60s bug glasses)


kxx