I've blogged every weekday since 17th January 2006 and every single day in November so far. You all know so much about me if you wanted you could show up at my house in the next 30 minutes with a minimum of research and a bottle of Orangina (my favourite).
But there are some things you actually don't know about me. Believe that. But today I'll enlighten you with a few things I haven't yet blogged about.
- I floss every single day. Haven't missed a day in probably 20 years.
- I only like blue pens. Writing in black ink or, God forbid, green, makes me feel stressed.
- When you compliment my cooking, I feel the same as if you tell me I'm pretty. Shy, giggly and flustered.
- The first thing I ever wanted to be in my life was an archeologist. I wanted to be one before I could spell it. I'm over it now but dinosaur bones and fossils at the natural museum can mesmerise me.
- I use Vaseline to moisturise my skin. Everywhere but my face (but I use it on my lips, though). If you don't believe it works, you should feel my skin. And it's dead cheap.
- I hate used books. Library books give me the creeps. When I read a brand new book, I never ever bend the spine. I just crack them a bit and peep inside. My used books look like they've never been read.
- I count things. Even though I suck at math, I'm fascinated by the numbers of things. But weird things like syllables in this sentence (11). Or how many steps to walk my kids to school (214).
- I hate pyjamas but won't sleep nude. I wear a tank top and undies to bed.
- The sound of half-dry markers on any paper (but particularly construction paper) makes me want to cry and punch someone simultaneously. But unfortunately the only people usually around in drawing-with-marker situations are children.
- I can only eat kiwi with the skin on. Otherwise the texture is too slimy and it becomes yucky.
So there you have it. 10 things you didn't know about me. Take them as you will. I've got to get the kids ready for school. Happy Monday!