Friday, December 31, 2010

Flashback Friday!

Happy New Year, Peeps!

A lot of things have happened this year, good and bad. I'll have to say that the very worst thing was Elliott lying to me and nearly getting kicked out of cadet camp. Realizing that your baby boy, the one that was so sweet and innocent what felt like weeks ago, can look you in the eye and lie was a real eye opener. I cried over that one for days.

The absolute best thing was the opportunity to go to Europe with my whole family. Being on a plane and travelling so far from home... seeing how we all, as adults and near-adults, deal with different situations in foreign countries was more special than I can say.

I'm not sure how 2011 will measure up to all that but I can't wait to find out.

So have a blessed and relatively uneventful new year, everyone. You know I love you all. Oh, and if one of your resolutions is to read your favourite blogger more often, tell your friends about her, and post insightful and funny replies to her, I'm sure she'd be much obliged...

See you next year my lovlies!

kxx

2 comments:

flask said...

i don't make new year's resolutions.

that was one of my resolutions a long time ago and so far it's the only one that's really worked for me.

i am looking forward to see if the social workers in therapy are going to glom onto fun little new year exercises or if they're smarter than that, and i'm interested to find out if that guy who didn't have a plan to stay sober for what they call "amateur night" will bounce on monday when we get back from furlough.

me, i plan to keep reading your blog (i read everything you write even though i don't always have time to comment) but i'm a littel behind in reading a lot of things because while i'm still living at the quarter-of-the-way house i have to drive downtown to the library and sit curbside with my laptop and it's winter and you know what that's like and by the time i get back to the house the guys have gotten back from their meeting and started the movie and i don't get a good seat so i fall behind in my reading and i'm about a month behind in telling the story on my own blog, you know?

and i have a lot of story to tell, never mind all the junkies and batshit crazy.

but tonight they'll turn the towers and maybe tomorrow i'll write about that and post the picture and maybe i'll go dancing ans tell you about that but for sure on sunday i'll go back to ripley with the other crazy people and the drunks and junkies and brian's on duty so he'll keep reminding us that if we screw up we'll be living in a dumpster which for most of us is probably not true but he lived in a dumpster for a while so you never know.

happy new year and good luck.

Stephanie said...

I love your New Years resolution:) Mine? To be healthy and happy!
Cheers!