It just came back on. For those of you who read this on Facebook and don't realize I post these at around 11am every morning, it's now 5pm. That means I haven't been online from the moment I first tried to log in my run at 7:15am until just now. Horrifying. I even went through the 5 stages of grief:
- Denial: When I just kept repeating "it's just a modem issue... it's just a modem issue..." while futilely flicking the power bar button on and off.
- Anger: When I called Bell 3 times yelling "INTERNET!" at the top of my lungs at the prompt, simultaneously fuming and feeding the baby while listening to hold music on speaker-phone. Seriously, do you know the way to San Jose?
- Bargaining: When I tried to convince myself that walking around the cold neighbourhood looking for an open connection in -15C weather with the baby in a stroller would be the best idea ever.
- Depression: When I woke up from an hour long nap slobbering with the phone cradled in my arms wondering if my call was really important to Bell.
- Acceptance: When I didn't even wait to see if the light went green the final time I flicked that switch. As I walked away I heard Audrey exclaim "it's on!!!" (she had only just come home from school so she was only at "stage one").
I pushed my daughter roughly out of the way and here we are. So this is my blog today. Enjoy.