Friday, May 15, 2009

Someone brought up an interesting point to me the other day

When you marry young you grow up together and have to think of yourselves as a "we". An "us". A dynamic duo. A matching set. A pair. A COUPLE right from the start. Your adult self hasn't had the chance to fully form so when it finally does, it's as part of a couple.

When you marry older you are 2 "me"s that merge and it's harder to stay together. You grew up on your own then meet. You are an individual that met another individual and have to make sacrifices in order to co-exist. Not that it's a bad thing or that it can't be done. But it's a pretty good arguement for marrying young isn't it? I'm not sure I completely believe it but it sure makes sense.

Scott and I will be celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary next week. I'm sure that when we met as a 21 year old I was pretty unformed personality-wise. I did grow up with him. I'm not sure he was the same at 26 but what I do know is that our success speaks for itself. We are awesome. Deal with it.

kxx

1 comment:

madair said...

Congratulations you guys! you are awesome for sure!