Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Remains of the day

Remember that movie? Well, my blog could be titled "minutiae of the day". See, this is what happens when you write a blog for any length of time. You start writing about every little thing that happens to you.

For instance, Friday I dumped chunky, curdled milk into my tea. Now here's the blog-sized story behind it:

I hate coffee. I prefer tea and bring my own to work. I drink it every day. Even though we have a coffee maker, at least 4 times a week someone will go to Timmy's for a "coffee run". They ask if I want anything but I always say no since the only other thing to order is doughnuts and my I'm already feeling short of breath just typing this out. I knew early on that they may stop asking me one day and I already feel left out of group-y things. I often say something like "keep asking me... one of these days I may surprise you by saying yes". Friday I actually did say yes because someone else ordered Chai and I realised that d'uh, they actually have tea at coffee places. I handed over my toonie and my tea came. I opened the lid and it smelled so yummy and spicy. There was nothing in it so I went to the kitchen to add the milk (you can't drink Chai without milk) and the rest is history. Crap. How's that for irony? The first time I try to be part of the gang it bites me in the ass.

Anyway, see how I can stretch a nothing incident into a blog-worthy post? I suppose blog-worthy is in the eye of the beholder but there you go.

kxx

1 comment:

BigSugar said...

Karen - it's because of the minutiae that I keep reading your blog! Well, that and the pictures of your baking (that hopefully one of these days I will get to try - can't you just shove some cupcakes in a Canada Post envelope for me one day? lol).