Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Do people actually spend that kind of money on jeans?


And when did I become "people"?


I've always had a problem buying pants. I don't know why. Everybody I know is a size 12, has no waist to speak of, a non-Black girl ass, a 3 c-section round smooshy belly, jodhpur thighs that magically erase fabric and a 29 inch inseam.


So having some issues with trousers, I of course turn to the internet. I found a website that's the eHarmony of jeans. You answer 7 pages of measurements (some weird, I mean bra size? For jeans?) and ta da... your perfect pair of jeans. For $150. Ouch.


I hemmed (hee) and hawed for weeks. The unordered jeans sat in my inbox for ages. In fact, the website sent me a $15 off coupon when they noticed I hadn't pressed the "make my jeans" button on the website in over a month. I went back and forth but I finally went back to the site and pressed "send".


What the hell... it's only money. And finally (hopefully) the perfect pair of jeans.


kxx



2 comments:

kirsten said...

so? when do they arrive? when do we get to see a pic?

Karen Kaye said...

Definitely I'll post a pic... for that kind of money I'll be showering in them LOL! They should be here in 6-8 weeks. They have to custom make them from scratch. I'm very impressed by the whole process. Now to try to stay err "svelte" until they arrive. There goes my diet...