Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Convenience fee?

So last month I bought concert tickets. For The Tragically Hip, if you must know. I could go on another rant about how "in my day" you used to get change back from a $20 for a really good seat but I'll save it for another day. This rant is about the "convenience fee". What the frick is that?

Yes, I paid for the tickets online instead of sleeping online at the venue like I used to 20 years ago to secure a good spot. But I just paid $89.50 plus tax PER SEAT for a concert and now you're charging me a nearly $5 per ticket convience fee? Explain just how this is convenient?

Yes, I'm going to say it again. In my day, $89.50 (+$5) would have been the price I'd pay to stay the weekend at a downtown hotel, 2 breakfasts included. Hell, for that price we could have slept in the band's suite. Hold that thought for a mo'... I'm having a lucid dream involving the members of Duran Duran and a jar of sparkle gel... SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was I saying? Yes! Convenience fees. So give your heads a shake ticket people. I'd love to clonk your heads together over this one. And can you fix this before the Jonas Brothers tickets go on sale? I really don't want to put another mortgage out on my house to entertain my daughter for a couple of hours.

kxx

No comments: