Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A personal first


I was thinking the other day about the mix of music on my mp3 player. It really surprises me when I put that little thing on shuffle. Mozart, the Jonas Brothers, Prodigy and Dr. Horrible all have a home there. But it made me think. What started it all?

When I was in grade 6 I went to my "grad" with the only Black boy in class. Shawn and I didn't really like each other in "that" way... I think we were just pressured to go together since we were the only Blacks in the class. Anyway the big story of that grad was that I won the door prize. A 45 of "Le Freak" by Chic. My first record ever. The first record I bought with my own money was the 45 of "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer. My first whole album? Glass Houses by Billy Joel. Yes, I'm aware I need to give up my cool Black girl card now. Just don't cut it up in front of me.


kxx

No comments: