Monday, March 30, 2009

Cupcake camp


Yesterday I was so tired. It felt like Christmas morning when I woke up really early because I was on my way to cupcake camp then after all the sugar (and some strangely savoury cupcakes), I was ready for a nap when I got home at 5:30.


So I was convinced by my family to enter the cupcakes I baked into the contest so I did. Here was the problem. I strutted in there buoyed by the compliments of friends and family. These people who "love" me told me that I make the best cupcakes they ever tasted. So I felt like I make the best cupcakes ever made by human hands. Then I waited in line to register them. As I stood there, I saw that nearly every cupcake was made by professionals and by people who've at least taken classes. Interestingly enough, I didn't see too many cupcakes made by middle-aged mothers of 3 self taught from the internet. Nope, not too many of those. Of course I didn't win. But it still was a gas.


Most interesting to me were the two I tasted made with bacon and the little meatloaf with mashed potato icing. You all do know know that I prefer savoury to sweet when it comes to treats, right? I swear, after two sweet cupcakes I was done.


So cupcake camp was an overall success. The venue was too hot and crowded and my cupcakes came out way too late so people were cupcaked out but I still had a good time. I look forward to next year's. I'm definitely not bringing in an entry. Probably definitely.


kxx

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

Now I have a craving for cupcakes, and I can only make the boxed kind. Do you do takeout? lol