This is going around Facebook and I want to do it but I didn't want to waste over 30 minutes writing something that's perfect blog fodder. So, off we go:
25 Things about Me
1. I drink tepid water. I hate ice in any drinks but ice water gives me a headache.
2. As outgoing and talkative as I am, I'm often shy in strange situations. In a roomful of people I don't know, I don't say much.
3. I don't like smart movies or tv shows too much. They make me feel stupid when I just don't get them.
4. I often feel like the dumbest person in the room. Any room.
5. I like my handwriting.
6. I need noise and music to concentrate. I'm very distracted and kinda disturbed by complete silence.
7. I make my 7s the European way with the slash through it.
8. I may be the only person on the planet with both the High School musical 3 Soundtrack and Repo! The Genetic Opera Soundtrack on her mp3. I love them both.
9. Sometimes I count the syllables of the things I say. I may look like I'm absently drumming but I'm counting. That's why I love haiku. I can be crazy out loud.
10. I never wear jeans and a jean jacket at the same time.
11. I rarely wear all black but back in the day it was my uniform.
12. I drink tea every conceivable way: black, black with sugar, white or white with sugar. It depends on my mood.
13. I only write with blue pens. Other colour inks make me feel anxious.
14. I hate talking on the phone. The only exception is my friend Kathy. I'd rather email or text you anyday.
15. I love when people leave comments in my blog. So do it.
16. When I'm complimented on my baking, I feel more proud than any other achievement I've made in the last few years.
17. I don't like the outdoors. My idea of torture is a picnic, sitting in the sun or a leisurely walk. Outside is for getting sweaty and then heading indoors for a shower.
18. I hate winter. It's only redeeming quality to me is no bugs.
19. If I could go shopping for clothes everyday for the rest of my life, I would.
20. I can't speak French very well even though I was born and raised in Montréal . My American Sign Language, however, is really quite good.
21. I have a pathological need to bless people when they sneeze. Even strangers. I also fix their clothes and tell people when they have something in their noses or teeth.
22. My hands and feet are always ice cold (unlike my water).
23. I've never ever had the flu.
24. I finally have a job I'm not ashamed to tell people about at a party.
25. I miss my nephew Marcus more than I could ever admit to my brother. I haven't seen Marcus since he was younger than Elliott is now. My kids don't even remember him. He's a man now and I worry that he's forgotten about me. I hope he knows I still love him.