Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone was well behaved last night and is suitably recovered by now. As for us, we spent NYE with friends at a house party. Julie and Doug hired a chef to cook and serve for their 12 guests and we really had a lovely, "grown-up" time. They even hired a sitter for all our kids (15 of them... yikes) so we could still come. Gone are the New Years' Eves past of going to a friend's cottage by the lake, drinking until we're stumbling drunk and passing out where we fell. Nope, the family was home and in bed by 1am. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Like I said, we're grown-ups now. Sigh.

So the traditional behaviour of the new year is to look back on the past year and make resolutions for the coming one. I don't feel like doing that here. If you want to look back at my year, check out my old blogs. As for my resolution, I'm making the same one I've made every year. I don't make 'em. Why set yourself up for failure? No, this way my year is fresh, new, surprising and disappointment-free. So, maybe I would like to be fitter and run that 10K in May without walking and maybe I'd like to start eating healthier and get my ample butt to the gym but let's not make them resolutions, 'k? Way too much pressure.

A haiku for the coming year:

2007
Karenworld goes on and on
No end in sight... help!

kxx