Thursday, January 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary to meeeee...

So as of today, I've been a blogger for exactly one year. A year ago I was a jobless (except for 2 hours on Sunday morning) stay-at-home-mum. Now I'm a part time job-ful work-outside-the-home-mum. Sadly, though, ignoring my family's baked goods and laundry related needs.

I'm trying to think of how much I've grown over the past year. Not too damned much, frankly. I think growing is for kids and intellectuals. I'm neither. But I do like to start sentences with conjunctions. And I don't care. Hey! I've learned that I'm a grammatical rebel.

What else? We all got a year older, I got a year fatter and I learned I can commit to something. Like this blog every weekday (except for my NaBloPoMo lark). I learned I should have probably been more discreet too. You know, give fake names and places but I find it too hard to keep that stuff up. I'm a terrible liar. The truth is just so much more easy. And those of you who've been reading this know I'm a lazy, lazy girl.

So I want to thank all of my subscribed readers: jenn, Michelle, Chris(topher), Shannon, ann, Claire, Erin, KC, MA, Lee-Ann, Lisa Lee Diva, Mike, Derek, Alia and Cherise. And of course, those of you who surf on in from time to time. Yes, that means you, Kathy. You guys have made me blog when I really didn't want to. When I was sick, on holiday, PMSing, even on Christmas morning. The thought of you hunched over your computers waiting impatiently for MySpace to send you the email that I've posted another blog makes me really spurs me on. Yes, I know I have a very active fantasy life. No offense to you who I know in person, but I'm most impressed by those of you who just know me through this blog. I find it so cool that you read what I have to say and find it so amusing that you come back for more. I can't for the life of me figure out what you find so interesting about a self-involved middle aged Canadian suburban mum. But keep on reading, anyway. It strokes my massive, hungry beast-like ego.

So will you all stick with me a little while longer? I'm not sure how many more blogs I have in me so it may just be a few more months. In all likelihood, I should have stopped months ago. Thank goodness I find myself so interesting. And my family too. This year will mark my 40th birthday, Scott's 45th, countless more sentence fragments and tons more amusing and bizarre family stories. Like the one this morning where Elliott's tooth fell out while eating breakfast, showed it to me then proceeded to eat the food that was still stuck to it. Gaaah! I still have the heebie-jeebies from that one.

Thanks for everything you guys. I'll try to make however long we have together as fun and painless as I can. You inspire me.

kxx